Public Liability - Slips and Trips

If you or anyone you know are injured as a result of a trip or slip on the pavement then please contact us immediately to find out whether or not you would be entitled to compensation. The law requires Local Councils and Authorities to adequately maintain, inspect and repair public footpaths, pavements, streets and roads, collectively known as "the highway".

In our experience, clients have sustained serious injuries due to a Councils failure to inspect and repair a defective piece of "highway".

Therefore should you be injured in this manner then as soon as appropriate, take photographs and measurements of the defect causing your accident, make note of any witnesses and report your accident to the relevant Local Authority immediately. You should not wait too long in taking measurements and photographs as you may find that once you have reported the accident, the defect has been repaired pretty soon thereafter!

When reporting the accident, do so to the Highways Department of the Local Authority and keep a note of the date you report the accident and to whom.

Should you, or anyone you know, sustain an injury in this way then please feel free to contact us for a free, no obligation consultation.

About   |  Services   |  FAQ   |  Top Tips   |  Contact   |  Enquiries   |  Complaints 

lorem  2nd Floor, 256-258 Bury New Road, Whitefield, Manchester M45 8QN  lorem  0161 766 9476 lorem